Wilson Butler Architects is an innovative and collaborative design studio specializing in arts and entertainment experiences. Our award-winning portfolio features projects ranging from historic theater restorations to groundbreaking spaces aboard the cruise ship industry’s most cutting-edge vessels. The firm’s open studio environment encourages a fun and creative process. We are located in Boston’s Financial District overlooking Post Office Square. Visit us online at wilsonbutler.com .
We are growing and are excited to be adding a Project Architect to our spirited team!
This individual will possess leadership skills with ability to manage staff & consultants. A strong design foundation that is complimented by the ability to visualize complex three-dimensional spaces is imperative.
Our office requires people to work collaboratively and independently. Your responsibilities will include contributing to design concepts, preparing design and construction documents, producing presentation materials, and contributing to on-going marketing or internal research projects.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits:
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Willingness to push creative boundaries
- Flexibility and eagerness to take on new challenges and multiple assignments
- Excellent time management (efficiency)
- Positive, can-do attitude
We want to see you grow and succeed!
We encourage our staff to develop their skills and offer meaningful contributions to the firm. Our size allows for each team member to try their hand at every aspect of the design process. However, this is a product of more than our size, it emanates from the attitude and culture of our Founding Directors and Principals. Our leadership actively engages the staff in all aspects of the design process as well as the business. We encourage our employees, when their skills and ambition dictate, to lead client meetings and open new project sectors. Your ideas and voice will be heard.
- Licensed Architect.
- LEED Professional - proficiency in today’s sustainable design, construction and operations standards.
- At least 8-12 years of experience.
- Developed design, production of construction documents, and project specifications.
- Coordinates the needs of clients, design, technical staff, and outside consultants such as structural, civil, and mechanical engineers, as well as interior designers and landscape architects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey an architectural concept through diagrams, sketches and three-dimensional model.
- Proficient in Revit, Rhino, Vray, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer many benefits including health, dental, and a competitive 401k plan, bonus opportunities, professional development and licensure support, holiday, vacation, and sick time. Wilson Butler Architects Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. EOE M/F/H/V.